towards 4.2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jul 9 13:16:40 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 09:45:54PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 9 July 2014 19:17, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > - 590 (printing): this is a mess. in 6-up mode the first plot shows the info overlay; font sizes are all messed up
>
> just saw the change you pushed, but i couldn't reproduce the info
> overlay issue in the first place for unknown reasons.

It only happened if the first dive printed is the one that is currently
shown (and it was showing a tooltip).

It's also possible that on Windows the tooltip disappeared when a menu was
opened? I didn't try to reproduce on Windows

> fonts related and color related in terms of printing:
> i think we have a bit of a structural problem here with profile2...
> from the top of my head, with profile1 the print code called a method
> in the profile class to enter "print mode=true/false" and "use
> color=true/false" with "print mode" enabled we could control the font
> specifics and color specifics, but everything was pretty much in the
> same class and it was easy to control. i've added something similar in
> profiel2, but last time i checked the new profile does not support the
> B/W color table logic and the fonts are quite off (the reason for the
> later is unknown to me at this point).
>
> in other words, "it all used to work"(tm) with profile1. :-)
> ...and on the other hand i'm quite busy ATM.

I just committed some changes that get us closer. But there's a very
strange effect where often the top number on any axis doesn't update the
font size. I'm sure this has something to do with the animations but
haven't been able to track down where exactly that messes with my logic
:-)

But we are a lot closer now.