towards 4.2

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 13:34:07 PDT 2014

On 9 July 2014 23:16, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 09:45:54PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> On 9 July 2014 19:17, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> > - 590 (printing): this is a mess. in 6-up mode the first plot shows the info overlay; font sizes are all messed up
>>
>> just saw the change you pushed, but i couldn't reproduce the info
>> overlay issue in the first place for unknown reasons.
>
> It only happened if the first dive printed is the one that is currently
> shown (and it was showing a tooltip).
>
> It's also possible that on Windows the tooltip disappeared when a menu was
> opened? I didn't try to reproduce on Windows

the original bug report was for win7 64bit, but i couldn't reproduce
on the same os by building with qt 5.3.

>> fonts related and color related in terms of printing:
>> i think we have a bit of a structural problem here with profile2...
>> from the top of my head, with profile1 the print code called a method
>> in the profile class to enter "print mode=true/false" and "use
>> color=true/false" with "print mode" enabled we could control the font
>> specifics and color specifics, but everything was pretty much in the
>> same class and it was easy to control. i've added something similar in
>> profiel2, but last time i checked the new profile does not support the
>> B/W color table logic and the fonts are quite off (the reason for the
>> later is unknown to me at this point).
>>
>> in other words, "it all used to work"(tm) with profile1. :-)
>> ...and on the other hand i'm quite busy ATM.
>
> I just committed some changes that get us closer. But there's a very
> strange effect where often the top number on any axis doesn't update the
> font size. I'm sure this has something to do with the animations but
> haven't been able to track down where exactly that messes with my logic
> :-)
>
> But we are a lot closer now.

i can't see any issues with the new changes other than the text being
very small in the profile, but this is actually a good fix.
here is a patch to try make the profile table font smaller as well
(fixes truncated text in the table due to large font), but i can't
test it on linux due to an old libgit and i can't compile there.

7px looks tolerable on win7.
this is more of a test patch, because i think i remember that less
than 9px didn't look good on either osx or linux.

lubomir