towards 4.2

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:03:00 PDT 2014

On 9 July 2014 23:51, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 11:34:07PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> > It only happened if the first dive printed is the one that is currently
>> > shown (and it was showing a tooltip).
>> >
>> > It's also possible that on Windows the tooltip disappeared when a menu was
>> > opened? I didn't try to reproduce on Windows
>>
>> the original bug report was for win7 64bit, but i couldn't reproduce
>> on the same os by building with qt 5.3.
>
> Maybe it was the first of my two ideas?

i always tested with the first dive selected to be printed first. not sure...

>> i can't see any issues with the new changes other than the text being
>> very small in the profile, but this is actually a good fix.
>
> The text in the profile is beautifully rendered in the printout.
> The text in the table looks like crap. I seem to remember discussions on
> why that was the case... anyone care to remind me?

i had a discussion with someone at one point, where apparently
rendering a QGraphicsView widget in Qt will use vector graphics, while
rendering a table the result will be rasterized.
this, to my knowledge has no solution and comes from Qt by design.

>> here is a patch to try make the profile table font smaller as well
>> (fixes truncated text in the table due to large font), but i can't
>> test it on linux due to an old libgit and i can't compile there.
>>
>> 7px looks tolerable on win7.
>> this is more of a test patch, because i think i remember that less
>> than 9px didn't look good on either osx or linux.
>
> Looks bad, but I don't think it's the 7pt that causes it

it's actually 7px, which could be much worse than 7pt because there
could be more resolution for each "pt". but due to the rasterization
issue both should look kind of bad in the printout.

lubomir