Bug with Dive log from Suunto( without attachment)

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 06:59:12 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:05 PM, oldrich.olmer <oldrich.olmer at seznam.cz>
wrote:

> Hi Miika,
>
> Your XML works correctly :-)  In the attachment you can see my not
> function XML. When i tried  to save your XML by my SUBSURFACE  4.1.0.0 and
> open it again, it was also not working ... :-(
> I use Windows XP SP3 and SUBSURFACE  4.1.0.0 anyway at the evening i will
> try my PC with windows 7 and will see....

Now that I have looked into Oldrich's XML file, it seems that Subsurface
writes the output XML file with invalid UTF-8 character in it. Thus the
parsing fails when trying to open that file. When I do the conversion on
Linux from Suunto to Subsurface, everything works but the save on Windows
is faulty.

The notes field in question starts with word Èekání but the resulting XML
file is missing the \xc3 from the first character:

echo -n Èekání | xxd
0000000: c388 656b c3a1 6ec3 ad                   ..ek..n..

Does anyone have a clue of what could be the cause?

miika