Bug with Dive log from Suunto( without attachment)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Jul 10 10:49:42 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Some googling shows that that's indeed the case. We may have to use our
> own isspace to work around that Windows "feature". SOB.

In this case Windows is right, and we're just wrong. Using "isspace()"
and friends on anything but the 0-127 range is just fraught with
danger, regardless of platform.

But yes, rolling our own (possibly by just adding "isascii()") is the
right solution.

Git rolled its own, for very similar reasons. We could steal that one
(see git-compat-util.h, and the "sane_istest()" macro and ctype.c).

               Linus