Subsurface should display reason for red background in Planner

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jul 11 10:13:28 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 07:29:37AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 04:11:56PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:

> > limit
> > >
> > > I believe breach of pO₂ is only mentioned in the notes, not in the
> > > profile, same for using more gas than is in your cylinders. The only time
> > > the profile goes red is if one of the manually entered profile points ends
> > > up below your ceiling...
> >
> > Something that should not happen if you only feed the planner depth and
> > time for the bottom phase. Even if you shift between last stop at 3 or 6
> > m.
>
> Definitely. That needs to be debugged.

And it appears the problem is that when testing if we can ascend to the
surface we were testing against negative depths as we approached the
surface (which takes longer to get to) instead of testing against the
point when we actually surface - and that could randomly cause us to
surface while we still had 15 or 20cm of ceiling.

I just pushed a fix. Robert, Henrik, Joakim, can you do some more testing
of this?

Thanks