Bugfixing and Printing Overhault

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jul 11 22:08:47 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 05:05:20PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 08:40:27PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> > People,
> >
> > I'v fixed two bugs plus a massive work on printing that makes it
> > better, faster, stronger - please test.
>
> I did some testing - looks really nice. The one thing that's still odd is
> that the labels on the partial pressure graphs (the y-axis is labeled on
> the right) are WAY too big for me.
>
> > One thing that I'v noticed: on Print Preview it is beautiful ( even
> > the fonts, yey \o/ , but when I print to PDF it gets crappy. it
> > *seems* to me, a bug in Qt, but I think thiago is the person to poke
> > for that )
>
> Thiago, is that something you have time to look at?

BTW: the fonts look fine for me. The odd thing is that we use the font
chosen for the screen to print with. So if you have an on screen font that
doesn't have a good matching PDF font (or where the embedding of the font
becomes pixelated, or something), then things look terrible.
But if you use a scalable standard font then everything looks great -
except that the icons (events, gaschanges) are HUGE and the profile and
tank pressure lines are FAT. And the scaling of the labels on the partial
pressure graph is off in the first plot.