Cylinder management / edit

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 06:02:26 PDT 2014

> The "unknown" cylinder is implicitly used, as it is considered to be the
gas you started the dive with. If you want to get rid of that, you will
have to create a gas change event to one of the new cylinders at the
beginning of the dive. Then the first gas is considered to be the new one
and not the 'unknown' and the 'unknown' can be removed. There is no gas
change event displayed for the first gas of the dive (unless manually
added), so it is a bit hard to grasp the "concept". I suggest setting the
first gas change somewhere between 0 and 10 seconds from the start of the
dive. If you set it before the dive started, then it won't work. I agree
that the user interface is not very good for this...

I removed the "unkown" cyclinder as suggested but the gas change event  on
the profile remain there.
Moreover the trick to add a fake gas change event is really realy ugly and
counter intuitive.

Why the stats panel never calculates min/max/avg SAC?
It display zero vaules even for a single dive.

Selecting multiple dives I get several inconsistencies on all the panels.
Are these known bugs? Eventually I'll file some tickets. For six dives
selected:

Stats panels: everything ok except SAC which shows zero values for
min/max/avg

Dive notes/equipment/info panels show just one particular selected dive. In
my test  if I select the latest then the older one, they show the older. If
I select the older and the the latest they show one in the middle.
To avoid confusion they should clearly indicates no data available because
there a multi selection. Only the stats panel should give meaningful data.

--
Davide