My progress in HTML export.

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 08:06:00 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM, "Paul-Erik Törrönen" <poltsi at 777-team.org>
wrote:

> > If you have time and want to implement a worldmap integration to the
> > logbook export, it sure would be a nice to have feature. Of course it
> > would
> > be nice to know if other people are interested in using such feature with
> > the HTML export.
>
> Are you referring to 'the worldmap integration' which Gehad did previously
> (which showed all the dive locations, but only the latest dive done in
> that particular place), or 'a integration' of an unspecified kind?
>
> If the latter, then I as a user would be satisfied by having merely a
> GPS-link to Google Maps which pops up a new browser window with the
> location. At this point.

I was referring to integration with the Gehad's previous worldmap, but now
that you raised the question, your idea sounds simple and easy to
implement. Other than that I think it would be better to fix the remaining
bugs before starting to think about any more fancy features.

> Having a real worldmap where you can see all the dive sites (and all the
> dives in each site) would be cool, but IMHO is more bells and whistles,
> that can be added later on.

Agreed, cool but better to first polish what is available now.

> FWIW some issues:

At least I do appreciate all the bug reports, especially since it is not me
who fixes them... :D

miika