Wrong profiles importing from Diving log 5.0 to Subsurface 4.1

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:08:01 PDT 2014

Good catch indeed!
So UDDF has the same problem with depths.

A clue is another finding of mine while trying the same export with UDCF.
Once exported all max depth are different from those imported and displayed
by DL. Maybe some weird rounding happening somewhere.

Here my question:

http://www.divinglog.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2275

> I would have not ever going to get this =s
>

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> In my endless tries to import SmartTrak logs I found a bug but I don't
> >> know if it's a problem of DL or Subsurface 4.1.
> >>
> >> Imported a .slg file containing 379 dives to diving log 5.0.
> >> Exported fromm DL in xml format (as Subsurface manual suggest)
> >> Exported from DL in uddf format as well.
> >>
> >> xml import: dives seems ok except for some of them with incorrect
> >> profiles.
> >> uddf import: everything ok.
> >>
> >> The DL exported xml file contains correct depth points but somehow the
> >> profile is completely different (see screenshot). Dive stats indicate
> >> correct values
> >

> > It seems that Diving Log has recorded the maximum depth to be a bit less
> > than the maximum sample depth. And the Imperial vs. metric unit test was
> > simple comparison, if maximum sample depth is greater than the value of
> > maximum depth, then it was considered to be imperial units. Attached
> patch
> > doubles the maximum depth value of this comparison, so the difference
> must
> > be quite significant for this test to fail in the future.
> >
> > miika

Davide