User manual translations

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Jul 25 05:48:41 PDT 2014

Starting with the release of V4.2, I will do manual versioning of the
updates to the user manual. This is to make it easier for the
individuals involved in translations. With git, explicit versioning is
totally redundant, but it is based on a SHA values which, if I
understand it, is random and does not help the translators to know
whether any patches were missed. Therefore a sequential version number
is probably required to help the translators with any updates. Does this
sound like a viable approach, seen from  a developer's point of view? Or
am I trying to rediscover the wheel?
Kind regards,
willem