Beta 4 Photo load problem

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Jul 26 06:13:12 PDT 2014

I have a problem loading photos into dives with Beta 4. I am using a
photo set that I have used several times for testing, including material
for the user manual. This worked well for previous versions of
Subsurface. Can anyone replicate this?

Symptoms:
Select dive(s) in Dive List panel and right-click to select Load images.
This brings up the file chooser. This is a folder with photos which also
contains a subfolder with more photos. Both the main folder and the
subfolder contain several photos for the dive (the former raw shots, the
latter processed shots).
Upon selecting the main folder, the focus is automatically switched to
the subfolder.
Even though the subfolder has focus and the subfolder contains several
photos applicable to the dive, only one photo is loaded. The one that is
loaded is not special in any way.

MAYBE Subsurface is recovering folder information from its setup file
where information about previously used folders for photos may perhaps
be kept, since, even though this is a new make of the program, it
immediately goes to the last folder of photos that I used.

Kind regards,
willem