GSOC project updates

Venkatesh Shukla venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in
Mon Jul 28 07:31:39 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> So I see regular updates from Gehad (HTML export) and Andrey (IOS Companion), but I feel like I don’t really know where we are regarding libdivecomputer on Android and dive computer configuration from Subsurface. Venkatesh and Joseph, could you send your latest status to the mailing list, please?

Hello

The complete stack needed to enable libdivecomputer on android is
ready. It seems to be working with OSTC3. It needs further testing.
Support for other chipsets are not yet implemented.

I am presently working on creating touch friendly interface for
android. For this, the plan is to use all the core functions of
subsurface - dive  processing, planner, import from git repo and xml
files - by making a subsurface library and using JNI wrappers over it
to make Android Java Interface.

There are some functions needed for subsurface library which are
currently implemented in Qt. I am reimplementing those in C. This can
be seen here : https://github.com/venkateshshukla/subsurface/commits/android

After getting all such functions resolved, I will jump straight into
making JNI wrappers and touch friendly UI.
Admittedly, libdivecomputer for android has taken a backseat now and
things are going slow, but hopefully things will start to come
together in the end.

--
Venkatesh Shukla