GSOC project updates

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:48:19 PDT 2014

On 28 July 2014 20:33, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> dunno, my tests were based on Qt5.2 for Win32.
>> RotationAnimation on a declarative image, 15% CPU on a dual core with OpenGL.
>> rotating with QGraphicsScene / C++ ~0% CPU with or without OpenGL.
>
> Then I hope they fix this bug, as they are selling QML as the big thing in Qt.
> We can do a touch ui based on QGraphicsView, but it will be so much
> easier in QML ( mostly because now there's a widget's QML package )

me and Dirk are asking the same question in a way, do we even have to
create a new UI? can we just style the existing UI to be usable on
android with #ifdefs and things like setStyleSheet(...). also only
show one Subsurface view at a time?

from what i've gathered both you and Anton mention that the main issue
is the tiny UI elements.
that aside, aren't all parts like the profile and dive list already
working on Android - do they receive touch events, does input text
fields open the Android keyboard etc..?

lubomir