GSOC project updates

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Jul 28 12:57:29 PDT 2014

On 28 July, 2014 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:56:01AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > also only show one Subsurface view at a time?
> >
> > Showing just one of the split windows at a time and swiping between
> > the divelist / profile / notes subwindows would be a huge improvement
> > already.
> >
> > Sure, it would still be tiny on a phone, but I wonder if it wouldn't
> > be fairly close to usable. On a tablet it would probably be fairly
> > good already.
>
> Completely agree. I'd much rather explore this first and see where it
> takes us before opening the QML rathole.

All those things already exist in the current "port" to android, but
still, the download from divecomputer dialog is unusable.
(Btw, have any one of you tested the current "port"?)

How the whole subsurface experience gets ported to android / ios /
whatever is beyond the scope of the current task at hand. The current
task for this GSOC project is to get a usable app that can download data
from a divecomputer. Shure, this task will produce components that will
be reusable in later "full" ports of subsurface to Android.

If Venkatesh feels that the best way to produce a working ui is to use
his experience with Android and build it in Java, I'm not going to argue
with that. If someone with the experience to build a usable ui in
Qt/Qml/whatever else that is less effort, please speak up now or later,
and show us how.

Remember, were not talking about porting the whole subsurface ui from
qt to Android here, were only talking about porting the download from
divecomputer dialog.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604