Show deco stops in planner table

Martin Gysel me at bearsh.org
Sun Jun 1 09:47:22 PDT 2014

Am 01.06.2014 17:00, schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 04:25:22PM +0200, Giuseppe `ferdy` Miceli wrote:
>> On 01 Jun 2014, at 16:11, Joakim Bygdell <j.bygdell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A minimalistic table would look something loke this.
>>> Showing only depth and time/action.
>>> There really is no point in showing ascent speeds/transition times.
>>>
>>> Depth	Time
>>> 40m		30min
>>> 21m		EAN50
>>> 12m		1min
>>> 9m		2min
>>> 6m		2min
>>> 3m		6min
>>
>> in my humble opinion, time should be runtime and you should have listed also mixed gas used, e.g. :
>>
>> Depth	Runtime	Gas
>> ————————————
>> 40mt	30’		TX2135
>> 21mt	33’30”	EAN50
>> 18mt	35’		EAN50
>> 15mt	37’30”	EAN50
>> 12mt	40’		EAN50
>> 9mt		45’		EAN50
>> 6mt		55’		Oxygen
>> surface	61’		Oxygen
>>
>> Runtime tells to you the exact moment you are supposed to leave the depth.
>> I usually print out or copy a table like this and take it with me.
>
> And this is what I said a couple of days ago.
> This is highly personal - I don't think there's a single table we can come
> up with that everyone will like. Yet on the flip side I shudder when I
> think about all the configuration options it might take to cover even the
> most popular ones. And then of course all this needs to be tested.

what about a template based output? where everyone can easily change the
template like
"\D \T \G \R" for "Depth Time Gas Runtime"
or
"\D \R" for only "Depth Runtime"
if needed we can also have some formating options
in the end everyone can adjust the output without a complicated
configuration interface

/martin