Planner doesn't care about MOD of first gas

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 02:07:02 PDT 2014

I tried to take up Dirk's challenge of breaking the latest master. I
didn't manage that, but I found a couple of issues with the planner.

While the subsequent gas changes look like they're doing the right
thing, it doesn't seem to care about the ppO2 of the first gas. See
the attached screenshot, there is nothing telling me that taking 40%
nitrox to 44m (a ppO2 of 2.2) may not be a good idea. You can take it
to sillier values than that.

On a related note, is it possible to set a different max ppO2 for back
gas and deco gas? I don't know the best way of going about this
without making it overly complicated. Getting subsurface to tell the
difference between the two may be an issue. Perhaps another column to
the available gas table where the max ppO2 can be manually edited so
the user can set a value of 1.4 for back gas and 1.6 for deco?

The other obvious thing in the attached screenshot, but I think this
one is known, is that the gas pressure graph does not drop over the
dive, despite having set my SAC, and cylinder size.