Correcting location on multiple dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 2 22:20:40 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 09:14:16PM -0700, Richard DePas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 5:09 AM, Richard DePas <richard.depas at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm running the latest Windows binary. Was cleaning up some location
> >> names in my logs. Found that if I select more then two dives and edit the
> >> location and save - the new location will only show on a few of the dives
> >> (sometimes one, sometimes two...it isn't consistent.)
> >>
> >>  In my case I have a lot of bogus location information from an old export
> >> of Suunto DM3. Just trying to clean it up.
> >>

> > By design, the multi-edit modifies only dives with same information as the
> > master dive (the one visible on profile graph).
> >
> > miika
> >

> OK - thanks. I figured there would be a 'field modified' flag and change
> that field for all selected dives. Not exactly intuitive that it will only
> modify a field that starts the same for all the selected dives.

There's a long history around that. This is consistently what Subsurface
has always done. In most cases it gets you what you want - and it prevents
you from doing things you DON'T want to do as well.

But yes, if you for some reason have random bogus data in your dives and
want to override it all - then no, that it doesn't allow you to do.