Some hits for Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra download

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Tue Jun 3 13:29:35 PDT 2014

On 03-06-14 22:08, Oskar Sander wrote:
> I'm new on the list, but have been using Subsurface for a while, great project!
>
> I have some issue with downloading from the Aladin Pro Ultra. This may be
> silly-user-error, so I am checking with the list, please bear with me in that case.
>
> I am opting to download from the Uwatech Aladin Pro Ultra using a RS232
> converter and interface.
>
> I get the "Dive data import error" when i start the aladin's sending of dive
> data (Opening logbook, dive 1 sends all data from the computer)
>
> The settings are quite straightfwd i belive, but maybe I am missing something?
> Vendor: Uwatec   Computer: Aladin pro ultra   and   COM3 (the only one)
>
> Activating logging to file or binary does not create any file.

Did the downloading worked before, or is this the first time you tried?

The reason why I'm asking is that downloading from the aladin works a bit
different compared to other dive computers. The transfer is initiated by the
dive computer (I believe you have to activate some buttons or something like
that), which means you have to start the download in subsurface. It will now
wait for the data from the dive computer. At this point you have to initiate the
transfer on the dive computer.

Jef