latest changes

roberto forini forini.r at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:37:48 PDT 2014

Good Job. No problem on planning a dive. i can add some issues/ideas (don't
know who made what):
1) i'm not able to set the dive location using the double click of the
mouse above the world map if the dive is in modify/edit mode. i can add it
only if i click on the divelist and then double click on the map. Only a
little bit confusing not very bad.

2) if i set the water temperature at first it is correctly saved but the
xml file is not written correctly and in the very next reload of the dive
the water temperature is missing. The XML shows:   <divetemperature
air='20.0 C' water='18.0 C'/>. it works fine if i add this value on the
XML:   <temperature water='17.1 C' />.

3) i think that the columns in the dive list should be resized or
auto-resized maybe (like double click on the column border).. just to let
the dive site fit the window as we show the interface.

4) printing the dives could be useful have a space between divelogs just to
make space on the border for punching. (different layout depending on
number of dives in the same page) see divelog.de on the print empty log
pages.

5) travel gas. If i set 3 cyls: light hipossic trimix 12/48, ean40 and
ean80. Due to the hipossic mixture, maybe i can think to use the ean40  as
travel gas. let say for the first 15/20 meters. Actually is not possible to
use it as travel gas. I guess that maybe if in the cyl set we can write the
depth segment and not the depth change could be useful.Obviusly the first
number on the segment is the depth of the gas switch. Also a flag like T
for travel, B for bottom and D for deco could help for managing cyls on the
dive plan. The cyls sequence is also the gas sequenze i would like to use
along the dive. example:

type        dimension    work pressure     start pressure     end pressure
 O2     He   segment     use
s80          11.1L            210B                 210B
 205B           40      0      0-20             T
D12          24L               230B                220B
 50B             12     48     20-100          B
s80          11.1L              210B               205B
50B            40      0     27-9              D
s40           5.7L              205B               200B
50B             80      0     9-0                D

maybe we could add also air break when using ox for more than 12/15
minutes... i dont know if this could be useful... maybe not, just an idea.
OK that's all!!
Thank you guys. I really enjoy subsurface!