latest changes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jun 3 16:56:22 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 01:26:19AM +0200, roberto forini wrote:
> I will try to do the bugtrack.

Thanks

> > > 4) printing the dives could be useful have a space between divelogs just
> > > make space on the border for punching. (different layout depending on
> > > number of dives in the same page) see divelog.de on the print empty log
> > > pages.
> >
> > Can you say more what you have in mind here?
>
> If you print the dives you probably put into a book with rings. So you need
> to make holes for the ring and holes need spaces. Just go on the divelogs.de
> on the "empty log to print" web page and you will understand what i'm
> clumsy trying to explain! ;) sorry for my bad english!!

I get it. Yes, there is SO MUCH that could be done to make our printing
more useful. Lubomir was working on that but it seems his day job has
swallowed him.

This would be a great relatively contained part for someone to take
ownership of. Anyone here looking for this cool little challenge, doesn't
require a ton of complicated programming skills, just requires some
patience and willingness to play around with the code and add
configuration options and layout modifications...

> > OK, I'm not sure why you think you can't use ean40 as travel gas. Add
> > another waypoint for the descent. Change the gas on the first segment to
> > ean40. Then it should do the right thing.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > I check and you are right. It works but... While i was checking i faced a
> bug:
> 1) start a plan
> 2) make a deep dive i used 12/48 ean40 and ean80 for a 100 m depth
> 3) just let the planner put the deco stop and then try to change the
> GFhight. My subsurface hangs.

100m depth - how long? I have seen the deco calculation run for several
minutes on really deep dives... are you sure it hung? Or did it just take
much longer than you expected?

One way to find out is to increment depth in 10m steps. Things will take
longer and loonger and looonger and...