debug SS 4.1.287.0

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Fri Jun 6 09:47:58 PDT 2014

Em 06/06/2014 13:19, "roberto forini" <forini.r at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Il venerdì 6 giugno 2014, Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de> ha
scritto:

>> On 05 Jun 2014, at 23:42, roberto forini <forini.r at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Good evening,
>>
>>> 1) if during a dive plan we change the GF set,  their values are update
into note but then not correctly displayed into the upper side of the
graphics. Also if we plan another dive subsurface starts with the GF set in
the very last plan (not the ones in preferences) but the graphics shows
always the GF's values set in preferences.

>> Don’t know about this. Sounds like its a problem of the plot.
>

> I think plot is not following the gf you change manually.It shows only
the values set in preferences.

>>> 2) Into the note i would like to have the "L" instead of "l" as unit in
Gas consumption. Because of the small difference between l and 1 ... 4/4 of
my friends (me too) think that "l" was a "1". Maybe ytou can put a space
between the number and the unit (1245 l or 1245L instead of 1245l)

>> I saw that as well. But as a physicist (and regular TeX-user) I find
both capital L and a space between the number and the unit extremely
unattractive. We might use 𝓁 (Unicode: U+1D4C1 (U+D835 U+DCC1), UTF-8: F0
9D 93 81) if that is available in sufficiently many fonts. (change line 148
of dive.c accordingly).

> What about "liters"? ;-) ... Anyway NIST  now recommends Capital letter..
>>

>>> 3) could be possible have such info in the note box during the dive
plan?
>>> Consumption / Total
>>> 2450L / 4200L of aria
>>> total is calculated from cyls and start pressure given. This could lead
to a very easy planning of the "rock bottom" expecially if we can set a
safe percentage of minimum gas for each cyls.

>> Sure that can be done (just not by me tonight). My plan is also to show
the gas usage for the ascend separately as that is the maximum that you
would have to add in a gas sharing situation.

> Great!!
>>>

>>> 4) i plan a dive and i add some cyls. lets say air, ean50 and ox. In
the planning mode i use only air. I save the plan. In the note there is the
runtime and other info. Now i modify the dive adding the deco cyls in the
graph. Note window is not updated with the new runtime, gas switch and gas
consumptions.

>> Hmm.
>

>>> 5) i plan a dive using air, ean50 and ox. i set type of cyls, pressures
and depth for gas switch. save the dive close subsurface. i open it again
load the dive. Now the depth for gas switch is missing (set to 0) and also
the MOD is wrong. and info about gas change is wrong (ean50 is
ean500...ean100 is ean1000)

>> Hmm.
>>

>>> 6) adding some pictures they are displayed over the dive graph. Is it
normal? i would like not.
>>> 7) pictures should be included in a file or more than one (mdb?) that
could be possible to move together with the xml file. Paths, drives and
computer and folders may change for thousand reasons... each time i'll lose
the picture links.

>> The position of the images is work in progress (by Tomaz). We haven’t
made up our minds regarding saving the images as there are several things
involved. The main problem is that that you easily reach gigabytes of image
data (each picture haven typically a handful MBs) and you don’t want to
drag that around with you unnecessarily. In particular you don’t want that
as huge binary blobs in the html. I think the solution might be in the
direction of replacing filenames with URIs. Then you could have your
(local) images being served by some rudimentary http server and the URI
would be something like http://localhost/~user/imgxxxx.jpg That way you
could either have your images in one central place in the internet or move
them around easily.

> Mmmm... Very hard to find a good solution different from filesystem...
Maybe adding a kind of zip backup of the xml and pictures could help for
data reliability

A 200mbs zip file is not very good too, the problem is that png and jpg are
already compressed, so its hard to comprends them more.

I think we could export the dive file with the pictures in HTML format,
but the raw picture should not go together on the dive file provide by
subsurface.

> Thank you!!
>
>> Best
>> Robert
>> --

>> Robert C. Helling     Elite Master Course Theoretical and Mathematical
Physics
>>                       Scientific Coordinator

>>                       Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen, Dept.
Physik
>> print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm.
B339