Testing serial_ftdi.c for various FTDI chip based divecomputers

Venkatesh Shukla venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in
Fri Jun 6 20:59:22 PDT 2014

Good morning

I have prepared serial_ftdi.c for usage on android devices.  It uses
libftdi1 for all communications with the dive computer. While building for
android, this would be used instead of serial_posix.c I have been testing
it on my system using Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 3. As I do not have access to
other ftdi based divecomputers, I could not thoroughly check my
implementation.
I am attaching universal binary which is compiled using serial_ftdi.c. If
you have a divecomputer which uses ftdi chip, I would request you to test
downloading of dives using this binary. For reference, the command would be
like this

./universal -b ostc3 -n 'Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 3' -l import.log -d
dives.xml

Do note, the above binary only takes in account PIDs 0x6001, 0x6010 and
0x6011.

If this works, then the only link remaining to enable download of dives on
android would be getting permission from user using it to access the
device. I have tested the script on android emulator as a root user. It
works perfectly. But the same thing should be possible without root access.
I am facing some difficulty in this regard. I'll let you know as soon as I
resolve it.
​
 universal
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2ZBIyX17_BFVTAzTHFuQ2FVV2c/edit?usp=drive_web>