GSoC Progress: Configuring Dive Computers With Subsurface

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Fri Jun 6 23:39:03 PDT 2014

On 07-06-14 08:18, Joshua Joseph wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:
>
>> On 07-06-14 06:49, Joshua Joseph wrote:
>>
>>> For this past week, I polished the work I had done so far, and I also
>>> began
>>> focusing on the libdivecomputer side of things.
>>>
>>> I am currently working on improving the OSTC 3 functions on
>>> libdivecomputer,
>>> so that we can have more settings available for configuration and
>>> backup/restore.
>>>
>>> For this coming week, I will continue with libdivecomputer, and also
>>> start working
>>> on backing up settings and restoring them.
>>>

>> Can you explain with a bit more details?
>
> In hw_ostc3.c, I intend to add functions for more settings such as deco
> mode,  brightness, language,
> date format etc, so that we can enable configuration of these in
> Subsurface, and also so that these
> settings can be stored in an XML file for backup and restored in future if
> needed.

There is no need to add such functions, because they're already there. Look at
these 3 functions:

hw_ostc3_device_config_read
hw_ostc3_device_config_write
hw_ostc3_device_config_reset

The values for the config and data/size parameters are documented in the HW
protocol description. For example to change Gas1, set the config parameter to
0x10, with 4 bytes of data (e.g O2, He, type and change depth). Reading is similar.

Jef