debugging a crash on Windows

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jun 7 08:02:11 PDT 2014

I'm in an interesting situation right now.
I just uploaded my latest test build with Qt5 on Windows (the 4.1-303
file). On my Windows box this works great, unless "something" happens and
it crashes. In an hour of manually bisecting my own .XML file I was able
to distill it down to the attached partial dive. If I remove any one
sample from this dive, the Windows binary I just posted works fine with
it. But as attached, it crashes Subsurface on Windows.

Needless to say, the xml file can of course be opened on Linux without any
issues.

Also, the Qt5 angle is irrelevant, and apparently even some older builds
of mine showed that same problem. I grew a little frustrated installing
and uninstalling various builds, so I'm not 100% sure when exactly this
happend. My biggest problem is that I cannot produce debug builds for
Windows - this fails with my cross build environment. So I'm really at a
loss how to debug this.

Any ideas?

Can other people reproduce the crash with the attached xml file?
Lubomir, when you build natively, do you see this as well?

Help :-/