debugging a crash on Windows

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jun 7 13:45:13 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 01:33:37PM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em sáb 07 jun 2014, às 12:13:51, Dirk Hohndel escreveu:

> > > What's the problem there? Are you getting errors trying to link to
> > > libQt5Cored.dll that doesn't exist anywhere?
> >
> > Yep. Exactly
>
> Add this to your qmake command-line:
>
> 'QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE=$$QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEBUG -O0'
> 'QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE=$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_DEBUG -O0'

I'm curious what this does... so you are asking me to make a release
version but to use the debug flags with a -O0 thrown in for good measure...
which means it is NOT trying to link against the debug versions of the Qt
libraries I assume (since the compile finishes). But then - what's
different under Windows?

I reverted Linus' patch, added these two lines, rebuilt the binary (after
making clean) and installed on Windows. Same problem, same crash report
devoid any information whatsoever.

So I'm missing something, right? :-)