What's missing for 4.2?

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Jun 9 08:03:16 PDT 2014

On 09 June, 2014 - Tomaz Canabrava wrote:

> People,
>
> In just a few weeks we'v managed to have:
>
> - html export
> - much improved dive add
> - triumphal return of the planner ( and if I may say, the best planner
> in existence )
> - better picture support for the dives ( this adds an inconsistency on
> the old file system, I think I'll have to add code to remove that
> inconsistency... )
>
> What you guys think is missing ?

A couple of random notes from my last diving trip, some of them to be
worked on after 4.2

Pre 4.2
* You can't remove a coordinate anymore. It just gets re-added.
* There is some state-mishap between the Location-name editing and
  clicking in the marble widget. If i start to edit a dive without a
  location name, add the location name i can't click in the marble
  widget until i restart subsurface.
* All gases doesn't show up from my OSTC3 downloads. I should debug this
  further, but i got the bottom gas downloaded, the 50%, but not the O2
* When i downloaded the profiles from my Suunto Vyper that was in gauge
  mode during the trip, i got a Air cylinder added to all the dives,
  that just got re-added when i deleted it. This needs further debugging
  to.

Maybe post 4.2
* Start logging a dive before you download the profiles. I like to write
  down pressures and notes as soon as possible, while i remembered them.
  It would be great if i could do that without adding a profile and just
  get the profiles later when i have downloaded the dives.
* Summarize gas consumption over multiple dives. After a trip when
  trying to figure out how much HE/O2 I used, it would be great if we
  could get a summary from the pressures and gases that i entered into
  Subsurface. Eg. During this trip i used up 15000L HE and 6000L O2.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604