What's missing for 4.2?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 9 08:55:50 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 05:03:16PM +0200, Anton Lundin wrote:
> A couple of random notes from my last diving trip, some of them to be
> worked on after 4.2
>
> Pre 4.2
> * You can't remove a coordinate anymore. It just gets re-added.

Odd. Definitely something that should be filed as a bug.

> * There is some state-mishap between the Location-name editing and
>   clicking in the marble widget. If i start to edit a dive without a
>   location name, add the location name i can't click in the marble
>   widget until i restart subsurface.

Again, find a minimal set of steps that recreates this and file a bug.

> * All gases doesn't show up from my OSTC3 downloads. I should debug this
>   further, but i got the bottom gas downloaded, the 50%, but not the O2

That's strange - I've never had the problem of a gas NOT showing up.
Usually too many gases show up. Are the gas switches there? Did you ever
switch to O2? Or is this as simple as the "unused cylinder" flag in
preferences?

> * When i downloaded the profiles from my Suunto Vyper that was in gauge
>   mode during the trip, i got a Air cylinder added to all the dives,
>   that just got re-added when i deleted it. This needs further debugging
>   to.

Can you create a libdivecomputer dump so that we can see what's happening?
Once we can reproduce this, I'd also like a bug filed

> Maybe post 4.2
> * Start logging a dive before you download the profiles. I like to write
>   down pressures and notes as soon as possible, while i remembered them.
>   It would be great if i could do that without adding a profile and just
>   get the profiles later when i have downloaded the dives.

This should work today. If you start with about the right start time (and
don't get me started about Qt's terrible time entry widget) it should
simply merge things. Maybe I'm missing, what you are suggesting.

> * Summarize gas consumption over multiple dives. After a trip when
>   trying to figure out how much HE/O2 I used, it would be great if we
>   could get a summary from the pressures and gases that i entered into
>   Subsurface. Eg. During this trip i used up 15000L HE and 6000L O2.

We do part of that in our statistics tab. It should be really easy to add
gas consumption.

Could you file an enhancement request?

I know, I am sounding like a broken record (for those of us old enough to
remember records - for the kids... back in the old days this figure of
speach made perfect sense) - it really helps to get all these things into
trac. I constantly find myself going back through old emails because I
vaguely remember some conversation somewhere about something not working
or about an idea how it should work.

Please. please. please file any and all of these as INDIVIDUAL bugs /
enhanement requests. It takes just a minute or two and makes it so much
easier to track them and to make sure they get dealt with (or consciously
postponed) prior to the release

Thanks