Windows Qt5 binary

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 9 11:09:31 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 07:45:08PM +0200, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been trying the latest .exe in downloads/daily and there are a pair
> of oddities:
>
> 1.- On info box (profile) SAC is wrong and very, very long  :-) see
> attached display capture _1.

Yeah, I mentioned that last night. I broke 'something' but haven't quite
figured out what. Only appears to happen on Windows, though.

> 2.- User manual is not shown (either english or spanish) only a blank
> browser window. This only happens on WIN, on Linux works fine.

Oops - that's a new one. I'll take a look

> In Linux (debian wheezy on 32b machine with Gnome3), when cursor enters
> the profile tab, subsurface *almost* hangs out (not a total crash). And
> it seems related the issue 2.- in WIN7 (win doesn't hangs as it's on a
> newer 64 b machine, with better processor) so it seems a calculus
> problem.

Do you have TTS/NDL calculation enabled? But it should self-disable if it
takes too long. Can you figure out where it spends all its time?

> P.D. A final run on test dives shows this problem only happens when
> there is gas consumption during the dive, so ...

Hmm - can you say more? Which test dive exhibits the problem?
What exactly does it mean to "*almost* hang"? How long a delay? What is
happening during that delay?

Thanks