What's missing for 4.2?

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Jun 10 05:15:30 PDT 2014

On 10 June, 2014 - Jef Driesen wrote:

> On 2014-06-09 21:39, Anton Lundin wrote:

> >>This is most likely a libdivecomputer issue. Libdivecomputer doesn't
> >>special
> >>case gauge mode, so they probably end up as air dives. I never really
> >>looked
> >>into how the gauge mode is stored.
> >
> >I don't think this is a libdivecomputer issue. We got a gaschangeevent
> >to air, and thats what added the air cylinder to start with, but thats
> >not really my issue here. My issue was more that i couldn't remove the
> >darn thing.
>
> I'm a bit surprised you get a gas change event in gauge mode. The vyper
> parser will only generate gas change events when they are recorded by the
> device. But why would it bother with gas change events in gauge mode? Isn't
> gauge mode supposed to turn your dive computer in a dumb data recorder,
> which no longer cares about doing decompression calculations?

A quick glance at the libdivecomputer code, it sends gas as air if %O2
is 0, and its probably that in gauge mode.

I did some googling and found:
http://vyper.bunny.hu/eng/Vyper_protocol/

It points out where the bits for the Air / Nitrox / Gauge mode are
stored. It also shows some other interesting bits in there like OLF (
some Suunto speak for CNS as i read it) and some other goodies.

Another side note: it would be great if we stored settings used during
the dive in subsurface too. For the Suunto Vyper that would be Altitude
mode, Personal safety limit, and probably something more. For my OSTC3
it would be great to grab GFLow/GFHigh and so on.

> >If you would like to look closer at how gauge mode is handled i can
> >create dumps for you.
>
> Extra data is always welcome :-)

Ill create some dumps for you.

//Anton