What's missing for 4.2?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jun 10 11:08:07 PDT 2014

Let's follow up on this older message...

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 08:55:50AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 05:03:16PM +0200, Anton Lundin wrote:
> > A couple of random notes from my last diving trip, some of them to be
> > worked on after 4.2
> >
> > Pre 4.2
> > * You can't remove a coordinate anymore. It just gets re-added.
>
> Odd. Definitely something that should be filed as a bug.

Fixed

> > * There is some state-mishap between the Location-name editing and
> >   clicking in the marble widget. If i start to edit a dive without a
> >   location name, add the location name i can't click in the marble
> >   widget until i restart subsurface.
>
> Again, find a minimal set of steps that recreates this and file a bug.

I haven't seen a bug filed on this.

> > * All gases doesn't show up from my OSTC3 downloads. I should debug this
> >   further, but i got the bottom gas downloaded, the 50%, but not the O2
>
> That's strange - I've never had the problem of a gas NOT showing up.
> Usually too many gases show up. Are the gas switches there? Did you ever
> switch to O2? Or is this as simple as the "unused cylinder" flag in
> preferences?

Haven't seen an answer to my question.

> > Maybe post 4.2
> > * Start logging a dive before you download the profiles. I like to write
> >   down pressures and notes as soon as possible, while i remembered them.
> >   It would be great if i could do that without adding a profile and just
> >   get the profiles later when i have downloaded the dives.
>
> This should work today. If you start with about the right start time (and
> don't get me started about Qt's terrible time entry widget) it should
> simply merge things. Maybe I'm missing, what you are suggesting.

Ditto.

> > * Summarize gas consumption over multiple dives. After a trip when
> >   trying to figure out how much HE/O2 I used, it would be great if we
> >   could get a summary from the pressures and gases that i entered into
> >   Subsurface. Eg. During this trip i used up 15000L HE and 6000L O2.
>
> We do part of that in our statistics tab. It should be really easy to add
> gas consumption.

As discussed, part of this was implemented.
The part that's missing seems a tiny bit too user specific.
Breaking this down as "volume of air" + "volume of O₂" + "volume of He" is
of course possible, but I'm not sure a lot of people would have any use
for that data.
I could see maybe adding this as a tooltip... still not sure.