deepest, shallowest, average

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Jun 11 11:15:32 PDT 2014

On 06/10/2014 07:44 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> I decided to just remove the average. This really doesn't provide any
> interesting information, whichever semantic we pick.

Good, that was my favorite option, too.

I guess if somebody really wants to visualize an informative
statement on "How deep do I usually dive?" then a histogram
would be the best way to do it:
"Depth" on the X-Axis, "Total time spent in that depth" on the
Y-Axis, and then 20-or-so bars reaching up from the X-Axis.

Technical divers, though, would probably hate such a feature,
as it would make too painfully obvious how much time they need
to spend (due to decompression obligation) in those ordinary
shallow depths that are also populated by the wimpy
holiday-fun-divers ;-)

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg