What's missing for 4.2?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jun 11 11:42:47 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 08:22:13PM +0200, Anton Lundin wrote:

> > > Works, but i get the dive location dialog popping up too, as if i
> > > clicked the location.
> >
> > What? I don't understand what you mean. Please explain. What exactly do
> > you do? What exactly happens?
>
> What i was talking about was the Place Information dialog. Now when i
> test your patch again i can't produce that behavior any longer so it was
> obviously my fat fingers that was the fault.

And I now can. :facepalm:

Which sent me on another trip down "I will remove all the CRUD from Marble
that we never use (and never WANT to use) but still ship".
I hear rumors that Qt might build its own globe eventually. If that is
true, I sure hope that it is extremely modular and allows you to only ship
and enable the parts that you really want.

In the meantime I am creating a massive set of "gut this shi*t" patches
that are applied to the Windows and Mac version of libmarble that we ship
with our binaries :-)

I will also make those available for the people who'd prefer to run a
smaller and saner version of libmarble with their Linux builds. As usual,
everyone else but hard core developers on Linux are screwed.

Which brings me back to another one of my pet projects. Create a self
contained Linux install that uses libraries that I ship with the package
and runs on any Linux distro - screw the packaging rules and other
constraints that the distro wants to put on me.

In due time.

> > > Maybe a delete this divecomputer option there too?
> >
> > Sure. Would you file an enhancement request so we don't forget?
> >

> Done. #551

Thanks. Added to my todo list.