deepest, shallowest, average

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jun 11 14:39:42 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:29:32PM +0200, Robert C. Helling wrote:

> On 11 Jun 2014, at 20:15, Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I guess if somebody really wants to visualize an informative
> > statement on "How deep do I usually dive?" then a histogram
> > would be the best way to do it:
> > "Depth" on the X-Axis, "Total time spent in that depth" on the
> > Y-Axis, and then 20-or-so bars reaching up from the X-Axis.
>
> one could make that even better defined (in the sense of: upon any ascent or descent I only spend an infinitesimal amount of time at each depth. So one would need to introduce some binning like “in depths between x and x+2m” and the result would depend on the binning) one you use the integral, i.e. plot
>
> “Total time spent at depths deeper than x” which is independent of binning and finite.

Some days I love listening to physicists...

I love that idea. Definitely a graph we should create.

Maybe not for 4.2, but for 4.3

I also still want an implementation of #187.
I am thinking a vertical window next to the profile (on the right, just
like we have the toolbox on the left) which shows something similar to the
bar graph on a Shearwater Petrel (see what is shown on the bottom of the
Petrel screen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O81vX79X_mA)

This would show the tissue levels at the end of the dive when the mouse
isn't inside the profile window, with the mouse inside the profile window
it would show the tissue loads at "that point in time", based on mouse
position.