What's missing for 4.2?

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Thu Jun 12 10:48:13 PDT 2014

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 05:32:35PM +0100, Tim Wootton wrote:
> >
> > Or we could provide our own subsurface package for
>
> Yes, I started down that road. It's a MAJOR pain in the a$$.

Just don't go down that road.

> > I'm happy to have a go at packaging for the debian stable and
> > testing distros if there's interest.
>
> You are more than welcome to do so. Last I checked Subsurface
> doesn't even compile on Debian stable right now as their libgit2 is
> too old...

Tim,

If you really want to do that, just get in contact with the debian
subsurface maintainer Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org> and work
together with him.

A debian stable port would be quite difficult, but not imposible.

The debian unstable (aka sid)/testing (aka jessie) package should just
follow shortly after the subsurface release.  Debian maintainers for
the dependency packages may or may not be interested of working on the
required (but missing) backports to stable.

If you want to work on preparing an experimental version of subsurface
(to roll to debian unstable and testing), I'm sure it would be
possible and welcomed.  There's no point with duplicated work.

Cheers,

--
Cristian