Info and suggestions

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:50:43 PDT 2014

Thanks Tomaz,
Maybe some enhancement request are questionable and could be discussed.

I subscribed to the list since few months so I don't know the main
goals and principle design of this software.
I see that most dive fields are left as tags while other logbooks have
an endless number of drop boxes, check boxes... I find subsurface
choice slick and smart but I do not know if it was a design choice or
programmer laziness :)
I saw here several tech divers, don't you find useful having a proper
undergarment field so the weight info is more useful? If undergarment
use is just a description in my suit field would impossible extract
some statistics. Or I'm missing something?

Bye

> Em 17/06/2014 11:25, "Davide DB" <dbdavide at gmail.com> escreveu:
>

>> I create some tickets for the only bug I was able to replicate and
>> several enanchement requestes.
>>
>> Wrong date format on logbook table: http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/555
>>
>> Gas switch events of different colour: http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/556
>>
>> Lower graph with gas type used: http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/557
>>
>> Profile zoom & pan unnatural: http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/558
>>
>> Undergarment field related to dry-suit: http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/559
>
> Thanks, Ill try to fix them all today.
>
>> Bye

>> > I'm a first time user so please don't shoot on the pianist.
>> > Just downloaded again, imported some dives and just RTFM :)
>> >
>> > Hereafter some questions and feedback:
>> >
>> > - On user manual:
>> >
>> > Suit: The type of diving suit used for the dive can be entered here.
>> > As with the other items, auto completion of the suit description is
>> > available.
>> >
>> > On my computer it's a text field and I don't get auto completion. Is it
>> > normal?
>> >
>> > - I see that a strong emphasys is given on weight given that is the
>> > only field along tanks on the equipment tab. Actually I find it pretty
>> > useless if not directly related with the suit used. For dry-suit dives
>> > the undergarment used is fundamental for weight records.
>> > When I dive with a Santi BZ400 I add two kg than my usual polartech
>> > fleece.
>> > I see that I could fill the suit field with something like "neoprene
>> > 5mm" or "TLS350 - Thinsulate 400g" but I think that having a separate
>> > "undergarment" field would be useful to keep track later of different
>> > undergarments used on different location/period/dive suits.
>> > I dive 99% dry-suit on tech dives so undergarment record is paramount.
>> >
>> > - I started using the program without checking/saving preferences. At
>> > the beginning I was having 02 graphs completely red while the 02 graph
>> > button was grayed out but working. I put a gas switch on oxygen and PP
>> > was not calculated for it.
>> > After opening the preferences dialog and saving values without
>> > changing anything I got everything working.
>> >
>> > - While zooming in/out the profile, I got a default zoom (while
>> > maximizing the window) very very small. I mean that I was able to zoom
>> > out far more than the default. Resizing the window everything came
>> > back normal. I was not able to reproduce it.
>> >
>> > - Is it normal that on a Italian system I get the lower logbook table
>> > showing dives date as "Day, Month, day of the month"? I changed
>> > language: System > Italian > English with no luck. It seems a locale
>> > setting. I really would prefer day/month/year or eventually date
>> > format follows the language choice.
>> >
>> > - It would be nice having gas-switch events with a different
>> > icon/colour.
>> >
>> > - It' would be nice having a simple lower graph with different gas
> [...]

Davide