CSV Import error

Christophe Démaret christophe at demaret.eu
Fri Jun 20 04:51:42 PDT 2014

Hi,

I love Subsurface with all my heart but I am desperately trying to import
old dives (i.e. from my paper logbook) into subsurface using the manual CSV
import function.
I updated to 4.1, read the manual, used Excel to get the file right.
Yet I always get "Failed to parse '*filepath*'" error.

I really searched, I don't get it.

What I tried:
- change separator from tab to commas
- change date format from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy-mm-dd to mimic the format used
in the XML
- remove decimals to depth
- convert from CRLF to LF
- remove header line
- remove last empty line

The manual doesn't specify much about the formal except to be consistent
about imperial/metric.

I really don't have any other idea to test or any clue on how I could help
diagnose.
This is all on Win8, the CSV is in mydocs so I don't imagine any
permissions issues.

I am attaching the CSV and 2 screenshots of what I am doing.

If anyone can reproduce/confirm the issue or tell me what I am doing wrong,
I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Christophe