Request for help to import data from J-Trak to SubSurface

Emmanuelle QUILLEROU emmanuelle_quillerou at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 19 00:20:25 PDT 2014

Dear all,

My apologies for contacting you directly.  I hope you wil be able to advise me and guide me to find the relevant information on the following.

I have a J-Trak file with 8 dives on my old MacBook (10.5) that I would like to transfer to SubSurface (v. 4.0.3 on a MacBook Air 10.9.3).

- I have used the divelog.de option offered but only the depth profile is transferred, not the temperatures.
- I have exported the dive details from JTrak as a csv file with the depth and temperatures but the import option on SubSurface for PC (lastest version for Windows 7) does not seem to work on my desktop. I made sure the column numbers are correct (whether changing teh default numbers in SubSurface or editing the csv file so that it matches the default column numbers)
- I have seen some recoding techniques are available online but these are way past my IT skills and I confess I get lost trying to follow them step by step.

Could you please advise on how I could go about successfully transfering those dives to SubSurface?  I really like SubSurface (the look, the user-friendliness, the fact that it is multi-platform and the universal data format) so it would be great to have everything there.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Best wishes
Emma Quillérou

PS: if it helps, my Jtrak logbook files are in https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r1m6iiiumkwe3r0/AABmV9Tiw4sQtJHqBVuXm65oa