new widget for Date display + pick.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jun 20 06:35:11 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:36:54AM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> Sorry for my question, I'm just a user and I find a little bit
> intimidating having a mailing list where developer's activities are
> mixed with end user questions.
>
> Is there any way to use these patches without being a developer?

In general I think that might be a steep task, ESPECIALLY if you are on
Mac or (worse, in this specific situation) on Windows.

Can you tell us which platform you are running on?
That way we might be able to create binaries for you.

> I'm migrating my previous logbooks on this amazing tool but I was not
> able to understand how big is the user base. Here, 99% of messages
> come from developers/users. Have you any idea of how many divers uses
> Subsurface?

Since this is open source software this is very hard to tell. I'm actually
working on a "user survey" where we'll ask users to "self report" in
Subsurface 4.2.

For version 4.0 we had close to a thousand downloads of the Windows and
Mac binaries on our server. I don't know how many more people built from
source, got binaries from other sources or installed it as part of a Linux
distribution.

My guess is that we have maybe 1500 users, but I could be way off.