new widget for Date display + pick.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jun 20 15:51:34 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:20:29AM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> > Hmm - with that I'm a bit hesitant to just pull this into master... I like
> > to keep that "mostly useful" :-)
>
> Well, you liked the widget? I need a bit of feedback to know if im on the
> rigth track.

Yes, I like the widget a lot, there are details I wonder about:

- the calendar page that we have for date: the month / year seem a bit too
  small - it's hard to quickly read the date; I think we could have a
  little less white space around the day, make the widget a bit wider and
  use a larger font for month / year. Would that work?
- I agree with Salvador that the week number isn't needed
- QtLocale tells you which day is the first day of the week in the current
  locale - could you use that to render the calendar? That would make many
  of our users happy, I think.

Can't wait to see the time picker :-)