Cobra not working.

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Jun 23 00:31:57 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-22 10:02, Eric wrote:
> I am using Mac 10.9.3, and the latest version of your software.
>
> Enclosed some screen dumps and the log.
>
> As said I use a Cobra and tried all 3 Cobra settings (just in case.)Š
> Hoever it does not connect.  The green light on my cable is blinking a
> few
> times, so I suppose they are trying to connect.  The Cobra is in PC
> mode
> btw.  As you can see in the log it keeps thinking it is a Viper.    I
> tried
> several other settings and sometimes the log shows the correct computer
> sometimes again the Viper even though it is not set to the Viper.

If you have a Cobra, then you should select Cobra as the model. Using
Cobra 2 or 3 will NOT work. The logfile you attached is from a download
with Cobra 2 or 3, so it doesn't tell me anything. Please send a new
logfile with the correct model selected.

The fact that you see references to vyper in the logfile is normal. This
is the internal name for the protocol. No worries, it supports the cobra
too.

> I also looked on the Silicon Labs document and software repository
> <http://www.silabs.com/support/pages/document-library.aspx?p=Interface&f=USB
> %20Bridges&pn=CP2101>  site (as per manual), but found no driver there.

I assume you have a cable from CustomIdea? They provide drivers on their
website.

http://www.customidea.com/software_drivers.php?cPath=21

Jef