Dive profile pan & zoom

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 02:45:17 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Few days ago I opened an enhancement ticket on this feature:

http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/558

I use a lot this function because I log a lot of tech dives with very
long dive run-times (> 2h).

My biggest problem is that I cannot center a point and moving there my
mouse pointer: Once I zoom the graph every mouse movement pan the
graph.
I find it very counterintuitive.
A classic google maps approach would be far better from user's experience POV:

I zoom the graph as usual
Once zoomed I pan the graph only while "holding and grabbing" the image.

I understand that my suggestion completely changes how the GUI
interface behaves.

What do ytou think?

--
Davide