Weight, undergarment and suit type

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 03:09:25 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Few days ago I opened this enhancement ticket:

http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/559

I would like having some feedback form you on this topic.

In the past I used several logbook programs ending up using
Subsurface. While the GUI it's not as actractive as other program I
find it very clever and sleek.
I'm here from few months so I can only grasp some Subsurface design golas.
Other sw are bloated of drop boxes, combo and check boxes for every
minimal dive related aspects. Most of them useless and if unused they
just waste UI space.
On the other hand Subsurface uses tags in avery intelligent way. You
can add your tags based on your needs.

Anyway maybe that for some dives a more structure approach is needed.
I see that the only field used along scuba tanks is "weight".
Actually I find it pretty useless if not directly related with the
suit used. For dry-suit dives the undergarment used is fundamental for
weight records.
When I dive with a Santi BZ400 I add two kg than my usual polartech fleece.

Of course I could fill the suit field with something like "neoprene
5mm" or "TLS350 - Thinsulate 400g" but I think that having a separate
"undergarment" field would be useful to keep track and stats later of
undergarments used on different location/period/dive suits.

I dive 99% dry-suit (not necessarily tech dives) so undergarment type
for weight record is paramount.

Would be nice be able having stats for suit used or filtering only
dives with dry-suit or/and a particular type of undergarment.

How to implement this? Should we add an undergament field? a different
suit type field?

--
Davide