Dive profile pan & zoom

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Mon Jun 23 04:15:01 PDT 2014

Em 23/06/2014 08:03, "Martin Gysel" <me at bearsh.org> escreveu:

> Am 23.06.2014 11:45, schrieb Davide DB:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Few days ago I opened an enhancement ticket on this feature:
> >
> > http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/558
> >
> > I use a lot this function because I log a lot of tech dives with very
> > long dive run-times (> 2h).
> >
> > My biggest problem is that I cannot center a point and moving there my
> > mouse pointer: Once I zoom the graph every mouse movement pan the
> > graph.
> > I find it very counterintuitive.
> > A classic google maps approach would be far better from user's
experience POV:

> > I zoom the graph as usual
> > Once zoomed I pan the graph only while "holding and grabbing" the image.
>
> ++ as I also think it is more intuitive and would allow to point in
> zoomed mode.
>
> > I understand that my suggestion completely changes how the GUI
> > interface behaves.
>
> if ever subsurface will become a qml application the ui is gonna change
> anyway, so I don't care. if other people care, an option like 'use
> google maps like map behavior' could be added.

Probably not going to happen, as subsurface is mostly a desktop
application,  we wouldnt gain anything by porting the whole app to qml.
Some parte of it? Maybe, I can think of the profile for instance. But its
not trivial to do it in qml as there is no "graph"  qml ícon, and to get
any real speed for it, instead of just porting because porting is fun,
things will need to be implemented in opengl.