Testing of planner against other software

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 06:07:45 PDT 2014

Guys... On my installation CTRL + L doesn't work and I have not Plan Dive
entry neither :(

I have:

Add dive (CTRL++)
Change numbers (CTRL + R)
Automatic group
Change device name

PS
I liberally translate them because I have italiana language at the moment.

> Hi Davide,
>
> go to Log > Plan Dive
> alternatively ctrl+L should work as well :-)
>
> Cheers
> Flo
>

> On 23.06.2014 14:23, Davide DB wrote:
>
>> Hem... where is the planner? :-/

>>> On 21.06.2014, at 15:03, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.
>>> za>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Willem,
>>>
>>> thanks a lot for your testing, very much appreciated!
>>>
>>> Two points on Subsurface planner:
>>> 1) When dragging waypoints deeper (e.g. 35-50m), the rescaling on the
>>> Y-axis
>>> (depth) happens so fast and proactively that it becomes quite difficult
>>> position the waypoint where one wants to put it.
>>>

>>> This is a known problem, which is on my todo list.
>>>

>>> 2) Subsurface planner often gives long, slow ascents, different from many
>>> other planners that do ascents in a more stepwise way. Very slow
>>> controlled
>>> ascents (shallower than 10m and especially shallower than 6m) are mostly
>>> not
>>> possible in the sea where swells of several meters are encountered. In
>>> this
>>> respect the plans from Subsurface are problematic.
>>>

>>> Having user configurable ascent rates is currently I would say
>>> half-implemented but should be fully very soon.
>>>
>>> That said, my personal recommendation is really to spend some time on a
>>> very
>>> slow ascent as at least to me this improves very much (fatigue!) how I
>>> feel
>>> after a dive (even in the sports diver range).
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Robert
>>>
>>> --
>>> .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.
>>> oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oO
>>> Robert C. Helling     Elite Master Course Theoretical and Mathematical
>>> Physics
>>>                        Scientific Coordinator
>>>                        Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen, Dept.
>>> Physik
>>>                        Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm.
>>> B339
>>>                        http://www.atdotde.de
>>>
>>> Enhance your privacy, use cryptography! My PGP keys have fingerprints
>>> A9D1 A01D 13A5 31FA 6515  BB44 0820 367C 36BC 0C1D    and
>>> DCED 37B6 251C 7861 270D  5613 95C7 9D32 9A8D 9B8F

Davide