My progress in HTML export.

Gehad Elrobey gehadelrobey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 11:34:30 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2014, at 19:19, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Can you post sample screenshots of both versions? Compiling code will
>> have to wait a bit for me...
>>

> I Attached two screenshots one using native HTML5 and the other using
> Highcharts javascript library.
>

> looks good to me. Of course either one requires some more work, depending
> on which path we take.
>

> Please Have a look on the licensing of this library (
> http://www.highcharts.com/license) as Dirk has mentioned that it must be
> GPL companionable and I am not sure about that.
>

> I guess this is up to Dirk. Looks to be free for non-commercial use, but
> still quite far from gpl.
>

> I also need to mention that I didn't finish the HTML5 canvas, I will need
> to sketch more than just the depth, Fix the colors by calculating the
> velocity and showing the values by hovering. These features are already
> implemented by the Highcharts.
>

> profile coloring seems to be missing?

I think that this won't be even possible, I still need to know Highcharts
API better, But from my quick look at the documentation this will not be
easily achieved.

There are also many other good open soucre libraries as Henrik has
suggested but I don't want to waste time prototype any of them until we are
sure that Highcharts and the canvas are not meeting the requirements.