Testing of planner against other software

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jun 24 06:54:40 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 03:43:53PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> I already apologize for that in other mail and apologize here again.
> No reason to heat up:
>
> #1 I'm not German so I couldn't know meanings of everything in other languages.

Maybe this is a sign of age. Maybe it's a sign that history education in
Italy has changed. When I went to school kids in Italy learned about the
horrors of the second world war and the nightmare that was the "Schutz
Staffel" (which is what the double-S stands for).

> #2 this is a mailing list, not a forum so I cannot see mail/topic
> before my subscription hence I couldn't imagine this arised before.

We have archives online, the link should be in the footer of all emails.

> #3 I'm Italian and my uncle died in Germany as deportee so I know
> "perfectly" what you mean.

I think I'm more sensitive to this BECAUSE I am German and BECAUSE it was
my grand parents' generation who did these horrible things and BECAUSE I
don't want any connection to that dreadful past.

My apologies for responding rather forcefully, but I do feel very strongly
about this.

When looking for an acronym, we usually use ssrf - but typing Subsurface
really isn't that bad :-)

I'll go to sleep now (still on a family vacation in China).