homework

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jun 27 10:59:29 PDT 2014

This drew remarkably few responses...

So I'll try again :-)

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 07:05:58AM +0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still traveling and will be until the end of the week.

Nope, back home now. And jetlagged :-)

> In the meantime I have a few requests:
>
> a) can we collect a list of "this needs to be fixed / added in the planner
>    for 4.2"? I'm sure Robert has his list, but since we have a number of
>    people who have strong interest in this, I'd love to see a consolidated
>    list.

Are we making progress here? Henrik? Miika? Robert?

> b) can a few of you go through the trac bugs and see which ones we really
>    need to fix for 4.2 and raise them to critical?

I don't think anyone did that :-(

> c) Tomaz, I know you are doing the time picker - anything else you want to
>    get done before 4.2 (besides bug fixing)?

The time picker is there.
The thing that needs to get implemented as real localization of the date.
Sadly, Qt doesn't really help us there. I'm still trying to come up with
something that is easier than creating a full blown ssrfLocalizedDate()
setup :-)

> d) user manual: everyone please read. Willem, there were a few small
>    featuers added that I don't think have made it to the manual (like the
>    ability to reorder / delete dive computers)

Willem, what's your availability like? When will you be back to being
online? I'm really nervous about doing a release without you tracking the
manual (no offense to everyone else who has contributed, but since Willem
took over the manual the quality has improved so much... I don't want us
to regress there).