archdetect code

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Mon Jun 30 15:40:45 PDT 2014

On Monday 30 June 2014 14:34:58 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Minor nitpick
>
> The archdetect code just checks which architecture I build for, not which
> architecture it runs on.
>
> Since I build Windows binaries for i386 to reach more users, it always
> reports i386, even when run on a 64bit system.
>
> I think it would be more useful to detec the system architecture at run
> time...

That was intentional and it was written for the Subsurface's use-case. If
you're upgrading a 32-bit Subsurface, you want to install a 32-bit update,
even if the system is 64-bit capable.

I can add a currentCpuArchitecture() and rename this one to
buildCpuArchitecture().

As soon as I can find out how to determine that on Windows...
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358