GSoC project idea - CMake based build system for Subsurface and libdivecomputer

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sat Mar 1 14:56:01 PST 2014

On 01 March, 2014 - Sewwandi Wijayaratna wrote:

> hello,
>
> It seems building Subsurface on Windows requires some considerable effort.
> So I think it would be useful if we have a single build system which will
> support larger number of  UNIX platforms and Windows.
>
> Do you think writing a CMake based build system for Subsurface is a good
> idea ? Do you accept it as a possible gsoc idea for 2014 ? In that case I
> would like to write a proposal for it. Please let me know your comments on
> this.

We currently use qmake as our build system.

I haven't tried it but i've seen that there are some kind of support for
using qmake to generate visual studio project files.

How to get visual studio to build the rest of our dependency chain
(except libdivecomputer which have a msvc/libdivecomputer.vcproj
already) is a totally different thing, but its probably doable.

So, we already support windows "native" builds. (msvc must be as native
as it gets on windows?)

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604